Monday, June 1, 2009

Monkee Cage Holdings

I created a web page to illustrate my stock holdings without giving away dollar amounts. Everything is in percentages. For example I have a dollar amount what I consider a full position of a stock. That is usually the most I'll buy for a holding. However sometimes I think a stock is to risky or the price shot up quickly while I was accumulating. In those cases I am underweight. Other times I think a stock is vastly under priced so I may overload on it and acquire more than I normally would. 100% represents a full weight position while greater than 100% is overweight and under 100% is underweight.

My portfolio can be found at Monkee Cage Holdings

I also included the cost per share and the percentage each stock takes up in my portfolio. The table only includes stocks I buy outside of my 401K. The 401K is mostly company stock and index funds. I want to track stocks I buy on my own.

Now that all my holdings are out there, I have a few notes I'd like to pass on about a few of the stocks.

Activdenity Corp (ACTI)
ACTI was a complete accident. I never intended to own any shares. Unfortunately I didn't double check my ticker symbols before I hit buy. I intended on buying Activision Blizzard (ATVI).

Since I own a small slice of it, I'm going to do some digging around on ACTI and see if it's worth adding more or just letting the little slice of it grow. I don't even think the position is big enough to warrant selling.

Lo Jack Corp (LOJN)
I'm considering selling LOJN. I must double check my notes but I believe they lost some contracts and that will hurt the bottom line in the future. So right now I'm considering selling my shares.

Buys
I'm not considering any other sells but I'm still acquiring shares in Teradata (TDC) and Wiley John & Sons (JW.A). I'll soon be topping off my position on KHD Humboldt Wedag International (KHD).

As always, mimic what I'm doing at your own peril. Always do your own due diligence or consult with a financial expert before you make any financial moves.

No comments:

Post a Comment