Sunday, May 17, 2009

More on the NFLX sale, Two New Buys

I unloaded about 35% of my Netflix (NFLX) holdings for two primary reasons.

The first is valuation concerns. I thought NFLX took a nice run and reached a high point for now. If the share price becomes attractive again then I'd think about buying back in.

NFLX ballooned up and comprised 26% of my portfolio. The other reason I sold was to bring that number down and rebalance some.

I also plan on using the NFLX proceeds to pay down my margin loan and start building out new positions. I'll reveal my next two stocks further down.

I have no problem with a stock taking up that much room in my investment account. However, coupling the high percentage with the run up in price, I decided to lighten up the holding.

In buy news, I'm currently in accumulation mode on two new stocks. I'm buying a full position on John Wiley & Sons (JW A) class A shares. I'm also opening a position on TeraData Corp (TDC) with intent to fill a full position. Currently I own 25% of what I intend to own in both shares.

Out of respect for the Motley Fool's product and my subscription to it, I won't go into details on reasons to buy the new stocks. I will in future writings but they are recent recommendations and don't feel right revealing information others and I paid for.

As usual, I write this blog as a tool for me to keep track of my stock ideas, buys, sells and reasons behind it all. I in no way endorse any security, stock, bond or any other financial instrument. Nor do I endorse anything that I might mention in this blog that I cite from the Motley Fool or any other publication. Each person's situation is different than mine. Therefore, you must do your own due diligence and consult with a financial advisor before you follow any moves announced by me on this blog.

When I'm off from work this week, I'll reveal all my stocks and their weighted position they hold plus what percentage of a full position they hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment