Sunday, April 25, 2010

It's Been A Long Time

Other obligations have kept me from keeping up this part of my blogs and website.

Also I haven't been a very active investor in a while. I plan on buying a house in the near future. As a result, most my extra money goes into a savings account toward a down payment.

My portfolio ran on cruise control the last several months.

I decided to return to actively managing my stock portfolio.

A quick inventory of my investment account shows some I need to clean up the pile. Also, it's nice to know I've picked some quality stocks that keep me in the black. Of course some stocks are losers or stagnant. I will trim those off the list shortly.

On the flip side, my three stocks of the several I own keep my money well into the black. Those three stocks are Netflix, Buffalo Wild Wings and Chinese's travel site Ctrip.com.

I'll post my stock moves in a future post (maybe today). I first must continue with accessing my portfolio, reading my investment newsletters and other sources before I make any final decisions.

I've also started a stock project. I used two stock screens to assemble a list of potential small cap stocks and will add a few more from my investment sources. I will then whittle it down and research stocks, if any, that remain.

I'm also open to a few ETFs that invest in markets like Brazil, Russia, India and China as well as emerging markets.

That's all for this brief update but I'm back in the saddle. Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment